Porcelain Veneers in Webster Groves, MO
Serving the Greater St. Louis, MO community.
We understand how limiting it can feel to have dental flaws that make you want to hide your smile. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry at Webster Groves Dental can help restore your smile with treatments like porcelain veneers.
Veneers are a beautiful, natural-looking solution that we can use to fix these types of imperfections, and best of all, no one will notice that you’ve had any work done. Dental porcelain is a material that closely resembles the appearance of your enamel, making it the perfect choice for correcting flaws and transforming your smile.
- What problems do porcelain veneers correct?
- What’s the procedure for placing porcelain veneers at Webster Groves Dental?
- I have crooked front teeth. How can veneers help my smile?
- Are porcelain veneers permanent?
- Can porcelain veneers stain or discolor?
- What’s the difference between direct and indirect veneers?
- Who is a good candidate for veneers in Webster Groves, MO?
- How much do porcelain veneers cost?
- How should I care for my new veneers?
- Contact Webster Groves Dental to Schedule a Consultation for Veneers
Porcelain veneers are an investment that dramatically improves your appearance and gives your confidence a boost. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Matthew Wenzel to discuss your smile goals, please call us at (314) 918-9666.
What problems do porcelain veneers correct?
Porcelain veneers are fingernail-thin slices of porcelain that our cosmetic dentist bonds to the front surface of your teeth. We often use veneers to correct smile flaws in the following cases:
- Your teeth are chipped or cracked.
- Uneven gaps and spacing ruin the harmony of your smile
- You have severe tooth staining that doesn’t respond to whitening
- You want to correct mild tooth misalignment without using braces
- You want to completely alter the shape, size, or spacing of your teeth
Veneers provide a dramatic smile makeover, and we can usually achieve the desired results in just two visits to our Webster Groves dental office. With proper oral hygiene and routine dental cleanings in Webster Groves, porcelain veneers can last as long as ten years.
What’s the procedure for placing porcelain veneers at Webster Groves Dental?
Once you and Dr. Matthew Wenzel, DMD decide that veneers are the right option for your smile goals, the process for placing them typically takes place over two or three visits to Webster Groves Dental.
- Step 1: Dr. Wenzel alters the shape of your teeth to accommodate the veneer for a seamless appearance.
- Step 2: We take impressions of your teeth that we use to create a model and temporary veneers for you to wear while waiting for your final veneers
- Step 3: We send the model, along with our specifications for color, shape, and size, to a trusted dental lab that prepares your custom veneers.
- Step 4: When your new veneers are ready, you return to our office to have them fitted, polished, and bonded to your teeth.
- Step 5: Go out and show off your beautiful new smile!
I have crooked front teeth. How can veneers help my smile?
Porcelain veneers are often referred to as “instant orthodontics” because they give the appearance of a straight, symmetrical smile. We place the veneers on the front surfaces of your teeth, which conceals the crooked teeth beneath it. While they don’t alter the position of the tooth in your mouth, they create an illusion from the front that your teeth are straight. Veneers will improve the appearance of mildly misaligned teeth, but they will not correct bite problems, which may require orthodontic treatment.
Are porcelain veneers permanent?
One of the reasons veneers look natural and blend seamlessly with your smile is that we alter your existing tooth structure to accommodate them. In other words, we need to remove an equal thickness from your teeth as the thickness of your veneers.
We need to replace veneers every ten years or sooner, depending on how well you take care of your oral health. However, the alteration to your underlying tooth cannot be reversed and is permanent.
Can porcelain veneers stain or discolor?
One of the benefits of veneers that our patients appreciate is that their smooth, glasslike finish resists staining. Since the porcelain surface is not porous, consuming coffee, red wine, colas, or foods won’t stain your veneers as they do your natural teeth. However, when you have had your veneers for five years or longer, you may notice staining where the edge of the veneers meets your tooth. And the wear and tear on veneers over several years can also cause minute scratches that attract stains. In this case, Dr. Wenzel uses polishing paste with super porcelain veneer burs and rubber wheels to eliminate staining.
What’s the difference between direct and indirect veneers?
We offer two types of veneers at our Seattle, WA dental office direct and indirect veneers; indirect veneers are fabricated by an outside lab using impressions of your teeth. We also offer direct veneers, sometimes called composite veneers, by building up layers of tooth-colored filling material on the tooth to alter and improve its appearance.
Since direct veneers are not made in a lab, they tend to be more affordable than indirect veneers. And since we don’t need to alter your underlying tooth structure with direct veneers, we can remove them if you change your mind. The drawback is that direct veneers typically last four to eight years, compared to ten years or more for lab veneers.
Who is a good candidate for veneers in Webster Groves, MO?
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile and you are in good oral health, you are a candidate for veneers. If any of the following applies to you, veneers may be the solution you need:
- Your teeth are severely stained, and professional whitening doesn’t help
- Your teeth have structural problems like cracks, chips, or size discrepancies
- You have several cosmetic dental issues you would like to address
- You have mild tooth misalignment that doesn’t require orthodontics to correct
- You don’t clench or grind your teeth, or you wear a nightguard to control it
- You are dedicated to practicing good oral hygiene and receiving preventive care
During your smile consultation, Dr. Wenzel will explain all your options, and he may find that another cosmetic option like bonding or crowns would be a better choice to help you achieve your smile goals.
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of veneers varies from person to person and depends on your needs and the results you are trying to achieve. A full set of indirect veneers (made in a lab) is an investment in a dramatic smile transformation, but you may need only a few strategically placed to achieve the makeover you have in mind.
If you want to improve your smile on a tight budget, Dr. Wenzel may recommend direct veneers that he prepares here at our Seattle dental office. Our direct veneers are customized to blend seamlessly with surrounding teeth, and you can leave our office the same day with a beautiful new smile.
How should I care for my new veneers?
Porcelain veneers can transform your appearance and leave you with such a natural-looking smile that no one will suspect you have had any dental work done. But like any other dental restoration, veneers need to be cared for properly to prevent damage and extend their lifespan for as long as possible. Here are a few simple steps you can take to protect your new investment:
- Don’t use abrasive toothpaste that can leave fine scratches on your veneers
- Avoid biting down on hard or crunchy foods that could chip or crack your veneers
- If you grind your teeth, ask us to customize a nightguard to protect your veneers
- Brush twice and floss once daily to keep your underlying teeth strong and healthy
- Visit us twice a year for preventive exams and dental cleanings
Contact Webster Groves Dental to Schedule a Consultation for Veneers
If you are ready to take the next step to learn more about veneers, please call Webster Groves Dental. Dr. Wenzel has helped many of our patients enjoy a more attractive, confident smile with porcelain veneers in Seattle, WA, and he would love to help you too.